Gamal Mohamed Ashawesh
M. Sc. United Kingdom,
Cranfield Institute of Technology 1993
Academy Tajoura, 1987
• Head of the Registration and Examination Office at the
Engineering Academy, Tajoura, (1988 to 1990),
• Head of the Aeronautical Engineering Department , (1999 to
2006), at Engineering Academy, Tajoura.
• Chairman Academic Affairs, (form 2006 to 2011) at the
Engineering Academy, Tajoura.
• Staff member at Tripoli University in the Aeronautical
Engineering Department, 2012.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
Design of Flight Vehicles, Structural Analysis of Flight
Vehicles, Structural Dynamics, Mechanical Vibration,
Aeroelasticity, Flight Vehicle Stressing, Strength of
Materials, Analysis of Composite Materials, and its
AREAS OF CURRENT RESEARCH:
• Effect of Structural and Material Coupling on the Dynamic
Characteristics of Aircraft Composite Wings.
• Effect of Wash-in and Washout Deformations on Divergence
and Flutter speed of Aircraft Composite Wings.
• Study of Root Flexibility and other Composite Material
Parameters on the Dynamic and Aeroelastic Characteristics of
RESEARCH AREAS OF INTEREST:
• Analysis of Composite Materials in Aerospace Applications.
• Structural Dynamics and Mechanical Vibrations.
• Structural Design, Analysis and Stressing of Flight
• Aeroelastic Tailoring of a Composite Aerospace Structure.
• Aeroelastic Optimizations in Aerospace Structures.
Mechanical Vibration, Aeroelasticity, Strength of materials
I, Strength of Materials II, Stress Analysis I, Stress
Analysis II, Aircraft Design I, Aircraft Design II, Fracture
Mechanics, Engineering Mechanics-I (Static's), Engineering
Mechanics-II (Dynamics), Aircraft Structures, Composite
SAMPLES OF PUBLICATIONS
- "A Comparative Study
of Experimental and Finite Element Analysis for Composite
Aircraft Structures" Proceeding of the 2nd European
Conference on Computational Mechanics, Cracow, Poland, June
- "Some Aspects of an
Experimental Investigation on Composite Aerobatic Aircraft
Structure" Proceeding of 9th International Conference on
Aerospace Science and Aviation Technology, Cairo, Egypt, May
- "Experimental and
Finite Element Analysis for Composite Aircraft Structures"
Proceeding of 9th International Conference on Aerospace
Science and Aviation Technology, Cairo, Egypt, May 8-10,
- "Effect of Wash-in
and Wash-out on the Flutter Characteristics of Composite
Aircraft Wings" Proceeding of 10th International Conference
on Aerospace Science and Aviation Technology, Cairo, Egypt,
May 13-15, 2003.
- "Aeroelastic Analysis
of a Real Metal Wing box using Finite Element Method" 1st
CEACM Conference on Computational Mechanics, 15th
International Conference on Computer Methods in Mechanics,
CMM-2003, Gliwice/Wisla, Poland, June 3-6, 2003.
- "Free Vibration
Analysis of a Composite Wing box- Initial Aeroelastic
Investigations", 4th International Engineering science
conference,, Mansoura University, Sharem Alsheke, Egypt,
April 20-22, 2004.
- Effect of Root
Flexibility on the Aeroelastic Analysis of a Composite Wing
box." ICTAM04, World Congress, Warsaw, Poland, 15-21 August